Girl in the Machine
Saturday, June 2, 2007
An Introduction to Calabar

Name: Hector Calabar
Age: Twenty-two
Sex: Male
Orientation: Gay
Contact: HectorCalabar [AT] gmail [DOT] com

Interests: cooking, crochet, Japan, knitting, sewing
Favorite Game Genre: RPGs
Favorite Game Series: Final Fantasy, Genso Suikoden, Silent Hill, Shadow Hearts, Valkyrie Profile, Wild ARMs, Xenogears
Favorite Tabletop Games: 3.5 Edition Dungeons & Dragons, Vampire: The Masquerade, Changeling: The Dreaming

Gaming History: I've been playing video games for as long as I can remember--my two earliest gaming memories are Final Fantasy and Crystalis for the NES. Not Super Mario? I know. I probably played it and failed miserably. I wasn't exactly the most coordinated youngster. Previous ineptitudes aside, video games have become one of my major pass times, and I plan to continue playing through my old age.

As exciting as the next new games can be, I tend to play the same classics over and over again. I've been through Valkyrie Profile so many times that I can quote Lenneth's speeches to the recently deceased Einherjar. I'm a living walkthrough to any Squaresoft / SquareEnix game. When it comes to gaining levels, I can tell you which monsters will appear where, plus what items they'll drop. When I'm listening to the original soundtrack for a game, I can describe to you the scenes in which the music first appeared, including who was there and what they were doing (and the track's name). It all comes from repetitive play, my friends. Some call it obsession. I call it dedication.

Labels:

 Posted by Anonymous
 7:46 AM + Link to this post
 

 
About
◊ Girl in the Machine
◊ BomberGirl
◊ Calabar
◊ PlasmaRit

Latest Entries
◊ PlasmaRit Enters!
◊ Girl in the Machine

Tags
◊ Action Adventure
◊ Adventure
◊ Body Language
◊ BomberGirl
◊ Calabar
◊ Castlevania
◊ Character Spotlight
◊ Civilization
◊ Elder Scrolls
◊ Fatal Frame
◊ Final Fantasy
◊ Fighter
◊ First Friday Drinking Game
◊ FPS
◊ Getting it Right
◊ Guitar Hero
◊ Half-Life
◊ Harvest Moon
◊ Indie
◊ The Industry
◊ In the News
◊ Legend of Zelda
◊ LGBT
◊ Linkfest
◊ Mario Bros.
◊ Mass Effect
◊ Metal Gear
◊ Metroid
◊ MMORPG
◊ Motherhood
◊ PlasmaRit
◊ Platforming
◊ Primal
◊ Prince of Persia
◊ Race Issues
◊ RPG
◊ RTS
◊ Rule of Rose
◊ Scale
◊ Sexuality
◊ Shadow Hearts
◊ Shin Megami Tensei
◊ Silent Hill
◊ The Sims
◊ Star Fox
◊ Stealth
◊ Stereotypes
◊ Street Fighter
◊ Super Smash Bros.
◊ Survival Horror
◊ Tomb Raider
◊ Turok
◊ Video Game Movies
◊ Violence
◊ World of Warcraft

Archives
◊ June 2007
◊ July 2007
◊ August 2007
◊ September 2007
◊ October 2007
◊ November 2007
◊ December 2007
◊ January 2008
◊ February 2008
◊ March 2008
◊ April 2008
◊ May 2008
◊ June 2008
◊ July 2008
◊ August 2008

Links
◊ BlogHer
◊ Cerise Magazine
◊ The F-Word Blog
◊ Finally, a Feminism 101 Blog ◊ Game Girl Advance
◊ GayGamer.net
◊ Iris Gaming Network
◊ Killer Betties
◊ New Game Plus
◊ Penny Arcade
◊ Racialicious
◊ Shrub.com Blog
◊ Under the Table Gaming
◊ Women Gamers
◊ Zone of the Gamers

Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox at a 1028 by 768 resolution.

Powered by Blogger

blogspot visit counter