Girl in the Machine
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Another One of Those Days (Weeks? Months?)

Real life is keepin' me down, and I can't quite resist it. I don't have a substantial update for you this week, my dear readers.

Still, I'll leave you with this thought: Thinking back on my article last week, I remember commenting on the fact that you couldn't play a female dwarf. Oh, how wrong I was!


I'd forgotten that the Tolkien mythology states that male and female dwarves are close to indistinguishable--this means that the only way to tell boy and girl dwarves apart is through gendered names! This revelation officially makes the female dwarves the butchest of all female characters. Ever.

Labels: ,

 Posted by Anonymous
 4:41 PM + Link to this post
  2 comments

 
About
◊ Girl in the Machine
◊ BomberGirl
◊ Calabar
◊ PlasmaRit

Latest Entries
◊ The curious case of Sorceress Adel.
◊ Crafty Gamers
◊ I Like a Woman with Big Feet
◊ Oh so pretty.
◊ Happy Thanksgiving!
◊ We're Not Gonna Take It, Activision
◊ Cracking KOS-MOS's Casing
◊ Grand adventures in Cyrodiil.
◊ A Word from PlasmaRit
◊ Through a feminist lens.

Tags
◊ Action Adventure
◊ Adventure
◊ Body Language
◊ BomberGirl
◊ Calabar
◊ Castlevania
◊ Character Spotlight
◊ Civilization
◊ Elder Scrolls
◊ Fatal Frame
◊ Final Fantasy
◊ Fighter
◊ First Friday Drinking Game
◊ FPS
◊ Getting it Right
◊ Guitar Hero
◊ Half-Life
◊ Harvest Moon
◊ Indie
◊ The Industry
◊ In the News
◊ Legend of Zelda
◊ LGBT
◊ Linkfest
◊ Mario Bros.
◊ Mass Effect
◊ Metal Gear
◊ Metroid
◊ MMORPG
◊ Motherhood
◊ PlasmaRit
◊ Platforming
◊ Primal
◊ Prince of Persia
◊ Race Issues
◊ RPG
◊ RTS
◊ Rule of Rose
◊ Scale
◊ Sexuality
◊ Shadow Hearts
◊ Shin Megami Tensei
◊ Silent Hill
◊ The Sims
◊ Star Fox
◊ Stealth
◊ Stereotypes
◊ Street Fighter
◊ Super Smash Bros.
◊ Survival Horror
◊ Tomb Raider
◊ Turok
◊ Video Game Movies
◊ Violence
◊ World of Warcraft

Archives
◊ June 2007
◊ July 2007
◊ August 2007
◊ September 2007
◊ October 2007
◊ November 2007
◊ December 2007
◊ January 2008
◊ February 2008
◊ March 2008
◊ April 2008
◊ May 2008
◊ June 2008
◊ July 2008
◊ August 2008

Links
◊ BlogHer
◊ Cerise Magazine
◊ The F-Word Blog
◊ Finally, a Feminism 101 Blog ◊ Game Girl Advance
◊ GayGamer.net
◊ Iris Gaming Network
◊ Killer Betties
◊ New Game Plus
◊ Penny Arcade
◊ Racialicious
◊ Shrub.com Blog
◊ Under the Table Gaming
◊ Women Gamers
◊ Zone of the Gamers

Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox at a 1028 by 768 resolution.

Powered by Blogger

blogspot visit counter